View Single Post
Old 07-09-2009, 01:31 PM   #10
DDustiNN

Drives: Cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by pck823 View Post
From what I've seen on other threads, the door panels are molded from clear plastic and then painted from the backside. There was likely a thin strip of an area masked off prior to painting that might have 'leaked' a little paint through, causing your door ABL to get dimmer in those areas.

Before taking it to the dealer, if it were MY car, I would look at the possibility of taking the panel off and using some solvent to wipe away any paint that might be in the area that should be clear. I think the dealer would do the same thing, but doing it yourself wouldn't require you turning over your beloved to the service department. My 2 cents...
I already took it to a dealer, and they were actually clueless about the ambient lighting. He didn't even believe me, he said it is probably just reflections from the dash lights

Anyway, I showed him the pics, he looked it up, finally believed me, and ended up ordering a new door panel. He said he doesn't know how long it'll take to come in... couple days, couple weeks, who knows... I said I don't care, as long as I don't have to pay for it. He also said it shouldn't take long to install, and I'd be able to wait for it while they do it.
DDustiNN is offline   Reply With Quote