View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 04:03 PM   #66
thesubfloor

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wacker View Post
A high stall aftermarket converter is by no means a "plug and play" mod on this car. Ask anyone who has one. It will need tuned for drivability. A custom OS that has full control over the TCM is the only way we are going to be able to run aftermarket converters to their full potential. That is of course if you plan on locking at anything other than cruise power/speed. Full control, or at least full control of lockup is a top priority for Vince and I.
With all due respect to you and your background I beg to differ because yeah, it kinda is pretty much a plug and play mod.

I've had 5 different variations of Yank converters in my car (that varied by design and stall speed) and a reworked XLR (before the Yank was commercially available) and also installed converters in several friend's Corvettes.

If the car isn't making a ton of power or isn't going to be drag raced then absolutely no tuning changes whatsoever are needed and even if there are, it takes all of 5 minutes to do by lowering the shift points a bit and changing a value under Engine->Fuel Control->Fuel Cutoff->Acceleration Based->Accel Thresh table to keep it from acting as a secondary rev-limiter when the car accelerates too quickly.
thesubfloor is offline   Reply With Quote