View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 11:15 AM   #14
NVMY68SS
Drives #296

Drives: 1968 Camaro SS - 350/5 Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
Seriously, do you think they are gonna drive a preorder Camaro without the owner's knowledge? Yes, I know there may be some dealers who do this, but that would be rare.
The cars are coming when they are coming. There were NO promised dates of delivery.
Only expectations by impatient buyers.
Absolutely they will drive it. It's not yours till it's delivered and you sign the paperwork. All they have to say is that those were PDI miles that were put on or due to the extensive month-long QC checks that were done, they had to add extra miles to them for equipment verification. I'm not saying it's right, I'm not saying it's wrong. But anyone who doesn't want their car in this procession better check with their dealer and see where the cars are coming from. Or get down there and start checking VINs of all the cars like theirs to see. Maybe they are using all the dealer V6 cars for this from the state or "pooling" all of the CTF cars they can get.

True, there were no promised delivery dates, but GM also said to deliver the cars as soon as they arrived to the people waiting for them and they got the Ship to Commerce authorization around 18 days ago..........plenty of time to get the cars to their owners if there weren't problems along the way.

I wish everyone would stop calling the faithful that are waiting for verification on where their $35,000 purchases are as "impatient". I, and many others have been very patient thank you. Oh, and let's not forget very supportive by way of handing over $15,000,000 (that's millions for some of you) in pre-sold deposits for 15,000 cars that many have still yet to actually see in person.

Impatient..........I think not. Concerned, YES.

We gave away money for a piece of paper and a verbal promise that GM would still be around to build our cars and all we want is someone to explain when we stop hearing any reasonable status responses on where the thousands of cars that were built and told to start shipping disappeared to.

Did GM share too much information too early? No. The biggest problem is the internet. Too many speculations based on unknowing people that overhead a partial comment by someone else is the problem.

We understand that this is a dog-eat-dog world and business, but once the cat's out of the bag, you may as well fess up to whatever is going on, because the competitors will hurt you 10X or more worse than the "impatient" purchasers who just want to GIVE YOU THEIR MONEY!.
#296 Delivered 6-1-09 Dynoed 10-3-09 384.56HP 387.65TQ with the bolt-ons listed, no tune.....yet!
Roto-Fab CAI (Install pics here), Doug Thorley Shorties, Flowmaster American Thunder 409S Cat Back Vid
NVMY68SS is offline   Reply With Quote