View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 05:24 AM   #9
stevieturbo

Drives: it changes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajmalian View Post
Hey guys...I'm a newbie at this (and I think I forever will continue to be!!) and I've got a bit of a tricky situation at hand. Long story cut short, for an unusual and unexplainable reason I've got to install a supercharger and a stage 3 cam and all the necessary bits that go along with it in one workshop while the tuning has to be done in another workshop...some 30 odd miles away from the place where the installation is being done in the first place (DON'T ASK!!). So...my BIG question is...what would happen if i was to install the above mentioned mods and NOT tune the car? That is till I get to the other workshop... Will the car even switch on? If so...how will it react or run for that matter? how damaging is it to the engine to drive with the above mods installed for a distance of about 30 miles assuming the engine even fires up??!?!?! Point being...What happens when there is no tuning done upon the installation of a supercharger and a stage 3 cam??
As long as the injectors remain unchanged. Drive it normally and it would be very difficult to do it any harm.
Drive it like an idiot or with boost and of course you risk damage.

then change the injectors before tuning.
stevieturbo is offline   Reply With Quote