View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013, 02:43 PM   #26
911medic

Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT/1970 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxcamaro View Post
Is it worth modding my V6 camaro even if I don't put a tune on it?
I was going to install a CAI, performance tires, and an exhaust system but I don't know which one i want to get yet. I'm going to tune it eventually but after my warranty is over. Is it worth modding now or should I just wait until I'm ready to tune it?
IMO, it's absolutely worth modding your car. Of the three mods you listed, only the CAI will affect engine performance. Other than horsepower, some of the mods actually affect throttle response, too.

The exhaust system MAY, depending on what you're talking about. If you go as far as high-flow cats (HFCs), you may gain a slight performance increase, but otherwise cat-back and axle-back exhaust on these cars will only reduce weight and add sound. You can't do headers on your car, in case you didn't know.

You could do CAI and a ported TB, and gain some power and throttle response without needing a tune. The CAI is worth it for the sound alone, IMO. I love my Roto-Fab.

RacnJsn95 is working on some other engine mods, too, that may be promising.

Check out the V6 sections, and you'll see plenty of people who've modded their V6s, and are enjoying the results. You're never going to get V8 power or sound, but there are gains to be had, and it's fun to do.
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
911medic is offline   Reply With Quote