View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009, 03:35 PM   #2
flht99b

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS RJT
I installed the MTI 6 shooter shifter yesterday. I purchased it from MTI at their event at the Talladega Grand Prix. Took me 3 leisurely hours start to finish and I did not remove or lower the exhaust as they show in their instructions. I'm sure I could cut the install time substantially if I wanted to. The way I installed the shifter was a hybrid of MTI instructions and Hurst shifter instructions. Working alone the thought of wrestling with the exhaust was not an option for me. Best way I can describe it is part of the shifter build up was done on the bench and part of it was done with the shifter assembly in the car. Although I performed the install on a lift, it could be done on the ground on jack stands, but at age 52 I prefer to stand while working versus crawling around on the floor. As far as I'm concerned the MTI six shooter is the only way to go, 25% shift reduction, bone stock quiet, all the play and vague rubber feeling is gone, smooth as glass feel and retains the stock look if you prefer, which I did. With it's unique shaft design you can use the stock pressed on knob or an aftermarket screw on type knob. The parts in the kit are of unequaled quality with excellent instructions even though I made my own decision to change the install method. I had many Hurst equipped 60's, 70's and 80's muscle/pony cars over the years but the MTI shifter on the '10 Camaro Tremec 6speed is the best feeling and shifting setup to date. I don't work for MTI and I paid full retail for the shifter, I'm just a happy customer. Ed M.
flht99b is offline   Reply With Quote