View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 04:28 AM   #30
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashstat View Post
On the same note... Apple just released IOS 4 and they made it backwards compatible to iPhone 3GS and 3G... Both of them run different hardwares.

When Google releases an upgrade, they make sure that ALL OF THEIR PHONES can work with it. You know how different Android phones are from each other!

So this is an endless argument. My point being that the hardware is there in our current vehicles. When a person can press a button and remotely unlock our cars, a mobile app can do it too. They just have to write an interface that will work with the existing hardware (Gen 8). IMO there are no "hardware limitations", thats all a marketing ploy!

Being a project manager by profession, my theory is that GM just did not decide to invest in the Gen 8 interface and went with Gen 9 only. From their perspective they could have thought that its not worth spending it in gen 8 since it will not help them sell additional cars... who knows, but we have been left in the dark and that is a FACT!

GM is not exactly the smartest company in the world, they have made stupid decisions before that have cost them big time.
Apparently GM cannot hire good programmers since they forgot to write in the code to update what octane level is being used when you switch to a higher octane for the L99 owners (this has carried over to the 2011 model year as well).. Now they are too lazy to hire someone to write new code for the 2010 and probably never will since the car is over and done with when it comes to them making a profit out of it.. This detachment from the loyal customers seems to be growing.. It is as if GM is simply selling the cars to the dealers only and then looking the other way..As long as the dealers buy the cars, that is more important than worrying about a handful of loyalists on an internet forum. Having an iphone myself, this would get me real upset if I still had my 2010..