View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 01:48 AM   #625
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisTNDude View Post
Talk about collector cars....! It makes sense for Chevy to truly consider the LS7 for the last of the 5th gen Camaros. Sales have currently slowed considerably and the Camaro moniker can hardly stand to die before the 6th gen arrives. If the LS7 option wasn't hugely expensive, I could see a revival of sorts using this tactic. The idea of an LS7 engine in the 5th gen isn't a fresh idea from GM by the way,...Camaro5 guys have been doing that rather well since 2010!
GM doesn't put too much thought toward collector cars. They don't see a dime from the markup, so to them its just another sale. If it makes 427 enthusiasts (or whatever the number is) happy, great. But otherwise? Sales x profit dominate decisions, as they do in any other company.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
Sales are always slow in the Winter months. The chart states sales are off 14% from last year. That's a difference of 784 cars. We'll have to wait and see what the sales figures will be later this year.
Winter sales are always down, but then again ... winter sales for this seasons are down a bit more than they were for the 2 most direct competitors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
No.

Let me repeat that.

No.
I have to figure out a way to include that as my FbodFather sig. Stand by ...
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote