View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 09:31 AM   #1
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
DIY: How to EASILY place LONG DETAILED instructions in your DIY.

Not long ago I built a VERY detailed DIY. It took me a long time to get it just right and take all the pictures and insert them into the document. I built it in WORD. I don't have ACROBAT. After I was done, I realized how large the file was, it was 28 meg (LOTS of large pictures), and was 24 pages long, WOW and our site only allows a MAX size of 585.9 KB for word files. OH CRAP! then I remembered I had a FREE ON-LINE Word to Acrobat file converter! This works like a CHAMP! and we are allowed up to 2.77 megs for Acrobat files.
After I converted my 28 meg word file, it ended up being a 682 KB Acrobat file.

SO, if you have built a long/detailed DIY or plan on building one, think about it, it would be VERY handy to be able to print it out for use when doing the MOD/INSTALL.
So first build your DIY in word, then convert it to acrobat and save it. Then just start off your DIY with a short discription of your DIY instructions and attach your instructions in the form of the Acrobat file you just converted.

and HERES HOW TO DO IT!

After you build your word file and save it onto your computer, go to the http://www.doc2pdf.net/ site.

At the bottom of the page you will find a BLUE box where you will find the "CONVERT THIS DOCUMENT" and "BROWSE" boxes. Find your file and select it, then simply hit the "CONVERT DOCUMENT" button.

Name:  download.jpg
Views: 5141
Size:  79.5 KB

in a matter if SECONDS a "FILE DOWNLOAD" box will pop up where you can save your new converted file to your computer.

Name:  file download.jpg
Views: 5052
Size:  55.0 KB

DONE!! Hope this helps and will give you the ability to put some long/detained instructions here that you can print out for use during your install.

AND ALWAYS keep a copy of the original WORD file, so if you need or want to edit it for some reason, you can. Then you repeat the process, make a new version, and upload and replace the original. PIECE OF CAKE!!

Last edited by Sir Nuke; 10-04-2011 at 07:50 AM.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote