View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 06:24 PM   #83
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falundir View Post
A few comments on this. IMHO you can't view MSRP on the C6 Z06 as the comparable price as it is very easy to get a Carbon Edition Z06 for low 60s practically new. In this note a Z06 is cheaper.

HOWEVER

The Z06 platform was developed in 04 vs the Z28, which 'may' be considered newer. The reason for the 'may' is the zeta platform is dated, however with the changes that GM is making to accommodate the Z28 we cannot make a direct comparison until after the Z28 has been released and tested.

All in all, IMHO, if GM fails to have the Z28 outperform the older C6 Z06 (production ceased), then they will have failed in their vision of the Z28.
Prepare for failure in 3.......2.......1

Unless you are expecting GM to add gobs of HP to the LS7 for the Z/28, there is no way that the /28 beats the 06. Yes I'm partial to the Z06 as I managed the Aluminium frame project and all that wonderful Carbon Fiber. Yes, the Ceramic brakes will help against a base Z06 just like they give the Z/28 a 3 second per lap advantage over the ZL1. But you aren't going to convince me (until we have data) that the awesomest Camaro ever built for the track can over come a 500 pound weight penalty and less tire but only having the same engine. That defies something.

This will be the best Camaro ever on a track IMO. But GM never said it would be their best car on the track PERIOD.