View Single Post
Old 12-04-2008, 09:37 AM   #9
KatarHol

Drives: '04 Mustang GT
I don't think people care at the V6 level about things like IRS. Look at the last gen,the '96-02 F-body 3.8 was superior to the 3.8 Mustang in all areas,like features and performance,yet you see where that got it. I think it's all about looks and cheap price at the V6 level, and if you liked the looks of the Dodge,a 300HP Camaro isn't going to sway you,or vice versa the Mustang over the Camaro. If people cared about who much car you get for 20K,nobody would buy V6 pony cars,we'd all be driving 4-banger Accords or Rabbits. It's all a gut reaction,i'd say even for the V8 levels for 85% of buyers,us car people are in the minority.
I'm not going to defend the V6 Mustang,it sucks.The '05-09 is actually quite quick,but that damn truck enough takes all of the fun out of it. The V6 Camaro might as well be from Mars in comparison,but i think at 22K,most people won't care,they'll like that one car has so many cup holders vs the cool dash lights of another or what kind of spoiler looks best and other meaningless crap and things like the IRS will go right over most people's head.
I love/hate seeing so many Mustangs on the road,i hate that except for the Shelbys or Machs,it's a common car,but i love that being popular keeps it cheap and keeps it going,so Catch 22. At 22K,you'll see a ton of Camaros soon,so you won't be immune. I think it's amazing to see 4th gen Z28's in horrible junker condition or sitting dead in somebody's yard,that was THE car for me in high school,it was so amazing to spot one when they first came out and now,it's just another used car.sad. Same for the '94-04 Mustang.
KatarHol is offline   Reply With Quote