View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 09:39 AM   #725
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Don't be too hard on yourself Robert. The last line is the most important. At least you understand that you DO know you need some serious seat time. All too often a person thinks it is the same car and blast off - into a ditch or worse...

Take your time with Brandi. Get the "feel" nailed down so you can predict and react. At the Fest, just work on 60' times and clean shift points, the rest will follow. You are going to have Brandi for a long time. Take your time and get to know her well.

(I am in the same boat with the SST. The maiden drive IS from LA to C5F2. All road tuning will be on-the-fly. )

BTW - the 130+ mph trap speed really gives you a great indicator of the potential - very nice !!
Thanks Bruce, I'm not being hard on myself at all... No frustration, just the realization that I have a ways to go... Glen pointed out last night during one of the cool down periods that I now am driving what is essentially more race car than street car... When we get me dialed in, she will be running substantially faster 1/8 mile speeds than she did at the quarter mile when stock... My fastest mph ever when stock was 113, with the easy launches, and I do mean easy, she was rolling through thee 1/8th at over 103 mph... Figure the launches out and stop missing gears and she ought to be in the 115 mph range by the 1/8 mile, or better....I could not be any happier with her and the job Corey and Company have managed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
Robert,

I read your digest of your first runs and had to laugh. NOT at you but at myself. I always thought I knew how to drive a stick shift but mosy of my adult life I have driven Chevy Pick ups and they have all been automatics. So when I bought my Camaro I knew it would me a stick.

A clutch is a clutch, I have driven motorcycles, tractors, other cars with sticks so a clutch is a clutch. YEAH RIGHT. After breaking my car in I decided one day to see what it would really do just so I would know. There is a local place we all go near Talladega Superspeedway 4 lanes 4 miles long, Perfect location. No traffic ever, except race weekend and straight as an arrow.. How hard can this be?

The FIRST time I banged my car off the rev limiter in second gear, of course the car shut off for that brief second, I thought I blew it up. Of course everyone laughed. I am like OH SH** 2000 miles and I have trashed it. I hit the rev limiter cause you guessed I missed 3rd, don't know how but I did.

You story reminded me of that and brought back a good chuckle. I now have a MGW shifter and my shifts are alot better albeit not at a track just around town.

I can only imagine what you and Bruce's times will be once you get hooked up and your timing down. Glad Brandi is all you dreamed of.
I am glad you enjoyed it... I hear so much of what your saying... been there done that and got a few t shirts...
I'm kind'a of that mind set, a clutch is a clutch, but, this very high Ft/lb rated dual disc is not your family truckster clutch... I figured that out about one minute into my first time in the seat... It chatters a little, and you better mean you want to go when you let it out, cause you will be going somewhere... and/or without a little throttle blip before starting out with it, the engine is going to die... I drove the hell out of my stock Camaro with little or no problems... This is a whole new animal... I'll get there, but it will take time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgebunny View Post
HEY!!!

Is it time yet?!
I'm ready if you are... "Hey Honey, I'm home..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
GiterDun!
I'm trying bro, I really am...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle.Gilmour View Post
looooove the write up. cant wait till our Friday night cruise.
It's going to be fun...

Womack Chevrolet... Sees Kyle's car, wow thats cool, LSx, Procharger blah blah blah..

See Brandi, "mehhh just another stock camaro with a funny looking CAI and an axle back..." walks on...

Kyle, I love the new spoiler...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post

dude, WE are gonna have a blast at the fest
Yup, we are...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atti2de View Post
Wonder if Corey can hook that laptop up to you and reprogram u to drive? Wonder where the leads would hook up on ya???
one in the left ear and the other up.............

my pants leg...

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgebunny View Post
Cause I'll be there, duh, I know I know... Don't get too excited now.
This from the person that was trying to incite an early departure just cause she was so excited...

WhatEveeerrrrrrrr...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSRS2010 View Post
Very Cool Bro
Thanks Pat... Remember our jaunt to White Sands... It would not be the same now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercuryman96 View Post

Merc, it's pretty damned amazing... The power, the feel everything about her...

My wife wanted to see her this morning, so I pulled her out... well she still has some new parts smell and a lot of racetrack smells in her...

I quote.... "She smells like a man's car" I giggled...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote