View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 01:00 AM   #1
ss/rs-matt

Drives: 2015 ZL1
My new Megan Racing Coilovers...pic heavy :-)

(UPDATE 12/21/13 I can no longer recommend these coilovers. After approximately 5000 miles both rears blew out. I contacted Megan and they immediately accused me installing them wrong. I have been working on cars since I was 15 and have installed multiple sets of coilovers, I know what I'm doing. I eventually convinced Megan to replace the two rear coilovers and received them 8 weeks later. By that time I had already paid $300 to have mine rebuild and revalved.
This started out as a good experience with Megan and turned into a nightmare. Maybe I was just unlucky and Megan coilovers are fine. I'm updating the thread because I think it's the responsible thing to do, not to bash Megan.)

Ok guys I wanted something lower than my 1" drop springs could offer me so I decided to go to coilovers. I did my research on C5 and google and I found Megan Racing which is a local company here in SoCal. I couldn't find any bad reviews about them online and I found another C5 who has been running these for a while and he loves them. Megan Racing is huge in the import and drift scene. I spoke to them a couple times on the phone and they were very helpful and answered all my questions. They also told me that they fully stand behind their parts and basically said short of me driving my car off a cliff they would fully warranty these and they are 100% rebuildable.

This was pretty straight forward install, everything fit perfect and I had zero issues. I took my time and played with different ride heights until I found something I liked. My first driving impressions are very good, the ride is great and the car is noticeably more responsive. I love it! I could not be happier with these, this might be my best mod yet. Enjoy!

Here some pics as they came out of the box

Last edited by ss/rs-matt; 12-21-2013 at 09:45 PM.
ss/rs-matt is offline   Reply With Quote