View Single Post
Old 10-27-2013, 04:27 PM   #1
Tyler H
XLR8TNG

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
All tucked in for the season!

I had the goal of getting 5000km's on my car this year but was only able to get to 4710km's. Decided to get her all prepared for hibernation on Friday after seeing the upcoming forecast. Yesterday was 18 Celsius and gorgeous and just like that Bam! Sub zero and snowing like a buggar today! I know the snow will melt off still before winter hits but with the temps only getting to a high of 8 by 4 in the afternoons for the next week and a half that spells curtains for my ZL1. I know the car can handle cold but those Goodyear F1 G2's sure can't. The bulletin posted by Goodyear on these tires is quite clear on what precautions need to be followed to avoid the tires cracking. Had them replaced once by the dealer due to cold weather cracking when the car was delivered last Boxing Day via flat deck and refuse to have the same happen again now that is on my dime! Still don't get why that tire gets put on a car that is to be delivered in Canada. When they need replacing due to wear I will install some Michelin PS2's and not have to worry any more. My last Camaro had those Pirrelli P Zero's which were kinda crappy to drive on in the cold if you were looking for some handling but at least you had the option on a nice fall or even winter day if the roads were clear. So an early to bed and late to rise agenda will be the path for now. Now it's back to crusin Camaro 5 instead of crusin the roads!
Tyler H is offline   Reply With Quote