View Single Post
Old 09-26-2009, 10:12 PM   #45
Vega

Drives: 91' Camaro RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Vega
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Brownstone View Post

Vega, I agree with you 100% about the mystique of the 427 and the Camaro. I also think GM did it backwards w/ making the Z28 the so called "heavy hitter" w/ the larger engine unlike the Z28's of yore with their high revving little 302's. The nimble little, high revving, Trans-Am racer was the Z28 and the heavy hitting Brutes were the SS396's and the COPO 427's not limited to but including Don Yenko's Bad boys and Fred Gibb's ZL-1's.

I guess Now days its all about marketing and name recognition. Most people ( even the non-motorheads ) know what a Z28 is and they think "Z28...thats gotta be fast!!! but you tell them ZL-1 and they stand there scratching their heads......they haven't got a clue.

So I guess GM is smart to badge their GT500 Killer as the Z28 against some of our wishes.

haha yeah sometimes i get a little carried away and type a lot, but still thanks much, and yeah thats very true, im just not sure if todays market would work with the 60s set-up, i mean everything now is so linear and everyone's looking for the "next best" instead of just a car with different pros and cons so idk i could go for either fashion but the only thing that bugs me with today's idea is that you're gonna be giving your golden right nut for the good stuff, LOL

here's an idea, what if most, if not all, Z/28s were built on an "on-order" basis, where the customer ordering the car got to choose a crate engine and minor mods to each engine (such as cam) for the car to be built with? Are my ideas getting too far fetched yet? What if you could order specific air bags that when they inflate they take the shape of T-pain's head! XD
Yeepp, im gettin there...
Vega is offline   Reply With Quote