View Single Post
Old 12-27-2013, 06:58 AM   #368
sporto20

Drives: 1. 2010 2SS (sold) 2. 2013 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unobtainium View Post
It's a case of not stepping up. I know it's not legally required, but faster results or remuneration would have helped.
Case in point(on a much smaller scale net-value-wise),
while working around customers car after hours, employee of mine dented the door. I saw it, nearly cried, and told him if he did it again he was going to be fired. He just wasn't being careful enough.
I called the customer within the hour,(9pm) told him what had happened. I wiped the whole bill clean($1000+) and asked to be billed directly for the repair.
There was no chip, so maybe a $200 repair, maybe. He was unhappy, but told me he was appreciative of my honesty.
He came and picked the car up, we chatted, all was good. He refused to bill me for the repair, and he is booked in for more work.
Why did I not just fix it and send him on his way?
Simply put its the right thing to do. I love cars, and I know what I would want.
I also know that if I can't be trusted, I'll never have work.
My reputation is everything to me. I don't make millions, so that $1000 would have been nice. It was the only way that I could think of to show my customer about how much I care.
I hope I can assume that you run a successful business, because this kind of integrity should be rewarded. Unfortunately, I find that businesses these days just don't provide consistent, quality service...may be just me. Anyway, I congratulate and thank you for providing this kind of service to your customers!

Ported Supercharger, Snout and TB
Rotofab CAI
Kooks 1 7/8” Headers w/ high flow Cats
LPE GT9 Cam,
BTR Springs and Comp Pushrods
160 degree thermostat
2.55" Upper/9.1" Lower SC pulley w/ balancer
LPE solid isolator, ID850 Injectors
LPE heat exchanger w/ fans
Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch
Custom Tune