View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 02:51 PM   #24
Paul Yaw

Drives: Horse
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPS Brandon View Post
Geeze did I unleash a can of worms... (Dave give me a call on my cell some time )

What does everything think and ID injector is, unmodified lol... If you do not believe me call, ALL of the large injector dealers in the country, it is not worth a huge argument.

Here is my two sense - We prefer to use a LS9 modified injector (not just the tip is resized, like other national vendors such as magnacharger, vortech ect) because this injector offers the best spray pattern into the LS3 intake manifold available. The LS9 injector has a 6 hole tip ( LS3/LS7 have 4 hole tips and ID and others whom offer the same/similar injector have a single tip), the larger array of holes allows the injector to have better angular distribution the fuel spray. This is much more benefical in this particular situation because of the LS3's splayed intake manifold design where the injector is located, and the fact that the injector sits at a 30 degree angle. Using this particular injector cone allows the fuel to point in a better downward direction into the intake port and produces better spraty dorplet size to pass into the combustion chamber more efficently. For example a single tip injector such as example ID, or one of three other companies who sell the SAME injector for much less, does not work quite as well as the stream and droplet size is much to direct (picture a garden hose hitting a wall) into the angle that the injector sits in this manifold. This causes debris to build up around the injector tip as well as slighlty worse fuel distribution.
You, or your supplier are measuring droplet size? Are you defining droplet size and spray pattern via the SAE standard, or otherwise?

Will you give us some numbers to quantify the difference between the two products?

Paul Yaw
Paul Yaw is offline   Reply With Quote