View Single Post
Old 01-27-2015, 10:44 PM   #43
pinoyscorpion951

Drives: 2016 Bright Yellow 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by 760bowtie View Post
What does All Star charge for the tear down and rebuild? And approximately how long does the entire process take? Trying to figure out how long my car will be down for? Thanks

As far as pricing goes, it is 180 dollars down. Then the rebuild kits are 55 dollars for the fronts 39 dollars for the rears. I wanted stainless braided lines and Motul brake fluid so with my particular setup it was a little more. If you choose to go with your existing brake lines since you have an SS and use less expensive brake fluid it will obviously be less. The rebuild kits for my calipers didn't arrive till late in the day so I will probably having them installed tomorrow hopefully. As far as downtime is concerned: 1 day for All Star to do dismantle the calipers, 2-3 days for powder coating and 1 day for install provided that they don't have to order parts. My suggestion is to make sure you have every single part before undertaking this and this includes getting the caliper decals from ebay or amazon to ensure a smooth transition from one step to the next. I'll give you the full break down on pricing when I have mine installed hopefully tomorrow. The other thing is, I have a V6 and the SS calipers wont fit the rears unless you trim the dust shields, and the stock brake lines arent long enough either, (thats why I upgraded the brake lines) so doing the conversion from a V6 is more expensive.
pinoyscorpion951 is offline   Reply With Quote