View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010, 06:02 PM   #1
Gonzo

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS IBM 6M
Gonzo's IBM 2SS/RS

Well, I am starting this thread a bit late - but better late than never.

Some background - I owned a Yellow 1969 Camaro SS/RS back in college. Bought it used and put in a lot a work to get the car to a semi-decent point. Not show quality, but a damn fast car. After college, I joined the Navy and got shipped off for a tour in Japan, so I decided that rather than let the car sit for 3+ year, I would sell it. I have been regretting that decision for most of my life.

So, while in the Navy, I moved around a lot, meet my wife, had kids, bought a mini-van (the low point of my automotive life). Generally have been buying "sensible" vehicles - sedans, SUv's, etc.

Last year, my wife asks me what I wanted for my birthday. I told her that I would had seen the new Camaro that was coming out and wanted to buy one - I was joking with her. Then she asks me "How much are they?" I tell her under $30K for the V6. To my surprise she says "Sure, you've worked hard and earned it."
So I said "I can really buy one?"
To which she replys "No, I want to buy it for you as your Birthday present!"

Now I remember why I married this woman.

Anyway, I start looking for my car and trying to decide on what color, options, etc that I want. In the end, I decide to wait until the 2011 models, mainly because I really like the HUD feature and I figure that GM will have worked most of the bugs out by then.

So August 19th, 2010 I pick up my brand new 2011 2SS/RS in Imperial Blue Metallic with the grey leather interior and 6-speed manual. The only options I got were the polished wheels and the trunk mat. Actually I got them to throw in the mat for free. I was thinking about yellow, decided that yellow was just not my color anymore.

I was not able to get any pictures when I picked it up since it was late at night and pretty dark out.

Name:  Front view.jpg
Views: 759
Size:  211.5 KB

Name:  P1050781.jpg
Views: 765
Size:  186.9 KB

Name:  P1050799.jpg
Views: 742
Size:  209.2 KB

2011 Camaro 2SS/RS 6M IBM

Last edited by Gonzo; 12-28-2010 at 12:07 PM.
Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote