View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 09:13 PM   #11
HuJass

Drives: GM
When taking mine off, I start by undoing the corners of the cover, then I fold the sides up onto the roof, then I roll the back up to the center of the roof, and then roll the front to the center of the roof. I then lift it straight off the car and put it in the house.
When I return, I dust the car off with the California Duster. If the dust is kinda heavy, I will detail spray the whole car.
I grab the cover, set it on the center of the roof, roll the front out, roll the back out, fold the sides out, hook the cover by it's mirror pockets on the side view mirrors, then walk around the car hooking each corner.
I've never noticed any scratches in any of my cars from the use of a cover. But you MUST only install them on a clean and dust free car. And you shouldn't be dragging them over the paint.
And it probably helps to have a good cover. I like the custom fit Evolution 4 ones. Yeah, they're pricey, but they're real nice (and soft). They do a nice job of keeping the dust out. Some of the cheaper covers let dust thru, and that's not a good thing.
HuJass is offline   Reply With Quote