Thread: G5.R
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2013, 07:32 AM   #375
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
Hey guys thanks for the feed back as this has us stumped!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL SS View Post
There is only so far you can push the bars out, so build the cage with that in mind. The seats will have to be positioned accordingly. The only other option I see is to push the main hoop towards the rear, which may be limited by certification specs.
I hear you Paul, we cant see how we can make it much tighter as we are already running the bar pretty tight as is. At the same time, we can't imagine if this is par for the course how anybody with as little head clearance as ours would think its safe. This has us stupified because in our minds all we can think is we must have done something wrong. Thats why we are asking the guys on the forum that have cages if they can post pics of them self sitting inside showing how much head clearance they have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremywes View Post
I think I would look at modifying the seat and bracket first. I even seen one race prepped car mount the bracket underneath the car and cut small slits for the bracket tabs to go through the floor. It was not adjustable but you might not need to adjust. Good luck!
Jeremy our only concern with lowering the seat is that we will lose visibility as we are both only 5'8 and these cars have limited visibility as is. When we get back from PRI on Monday, we are going to reinstall the dash and position the seat on the floor and see how we are feeling about that route.

Last edited by Moreno1; 12-12-2013 at 08:57 AM.