View Single Post
Old 01-03-2010, 05:18 PM   #7
ChriSS84
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by VT2CA View Post
I pulled too hard while releasing my airbag and it ripped the wiring right out of the clockspring. Here is a viewed of my destroyed clockspring

This part is super delicate and controls not only the airbag but all the electronics in the steering wheel.

I am currently on backorder waiting 3+ weeks to get this part from my dealer, 2 dealers in the US had this part in stock and both are for customers awaiting install, they shared with me their experience in also being on backorder waiting 2+ months for the part. I ended up paying 2X Gm list price to get this part from the same dismantler who I got my steering wheel from, he shared with me his experience dismantling 5 cars and having only 1 of these left undamaged in the end. This is a delicate part (Did I say that?) I really hope if you attempt to change your wheel that you value not only how rare this part is but how important it is to the airbag and steering functionality of your vehicle. here is the pic of the coveted clockspring installed.

lol
ChriSS84 is offline   Reply With Quote