View Single Post
Old 08-14-2011, 09:15 PM   #132
andredmg
Big Nasty

Drives: Chevys lots of em
Quote:
Originally Posted by calbert1999 View Post
I knew it; I hear a lot about the RPS ZR1 cluthes but I don't think they hold well for vehicles at higher TQ levels. Many folks are making high HP#'s but few are making the high TQ#, so of course that makes a huge difference.

Was there any specific reason why you went with McLeod vs Spec or RAM for example?

What type of power are you making, have you done any dyno runs yet?

And, heads; Those are LS7's, what brand did you go with?

Sorry, for all the questions but I'm also planning a stoked 427ci. LSX specifically for boost, expecting to have something similar but quite unique as well, so it's nice to see a "few" others doing something similar and see what was done, and why certain decisions were made.

Have to tell you man, your ride is sick dude, and you definately did something original that's for sure.

Loving the lumpy idle sound.
I made 703hp, Im running Performance Induction 285cc LXR heads. Compression is high because I plan on staying naturally aspirated. The cam is very big (makes lots of power) maybe too much for some but that was my goal, Im really diggin it. The Mcleod RXT holds the power like a lot of other clutches but it feels stock like the ZR1 twin disc. The RPS is a good clutch but the wrong one was installed in my car (it has a high engagement though). I'll be tuning into your build I luv it when people customize their rides, good luck with it and definetly post videos with sound.