View Single Post
Old 12-08-2011, 11:19 PM   #5
Shurenuff

Drives: 2002 Nissan Altima
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
For what it's worth, I also received this message from Goodyear after a personal info request about the ZL1 tires a few weeks ago...it seems to me to be a copy/paste from a standard tire-care literature. Possibly the "Proper Procedures for the storage of tires" bit they mention above.

I don't foresee a huge issue. The lacerations, imo, would only be caused by extreme amounts of heating/cooling cycles during the few truly arctic weeks of winter, probably coupled with dry air, ozone, etc....they look tortured, not made of glass, imo.

Based on all this info...I'll store it somewhere dry (ie, not outdoors), and inflate them to max pressure. Roll the car 1/8 wheel-turn every month until the snow melts.
Good post.

My only concern was cold weather storage when the tire is on the vehicle, not off like this bulletin describes. It's still a little cloudy in regards to that subject.

I'm going to do the same thing as you, inflate them to max, and not worry about it. I may even invest in these

http://www.raceramps.com/flatstoppers.aspx

I don't think this is going to be an issue, but I'm sure it would be a good idea for everyone to visually inspect their tires after a winter storage just in case.