View Single Post
Old 04-20-2012, 09:06 PM   #1
Soiledflame

Drives: 2016 1LT
Thumbs up V6 Trifecta Tuning

***UPDATE***

Installed the Trifecta tune this weekend.

The tune was easy to perform (I followed both videos by Baylor and BNR).

I data logged 3 WOT passes 0-100 mph, and about 10 min of regular driving and sent them back to BNR. I haven't heard of anyone needing more tunning, but I guess its possible?

My biggest impression is the shift points on the Auto. Im actually chirping the tires from gears 1-3, wearing the 20' RS w/ PZero's and traction control off. I usually launch with the traction on, but then disable it in 2nd.

Ghost cam feature is neat. I have a few friends that have the V8's and never really new about it, they thought it was cool. I have it on aggressive currently but dont think its aggressive enough. It does shake the car quite a bit though I remote started the car today to test the ghost cam, but it didnt come on right away even after fast idle, maybe after driving?

Camaro is feeling more aggressive and not sluggish. Not sure if thats the combination of all the mods and the tune or just tunning in general. My mpg is down a bit, but thats probably because Im having too much fun!

I want to personally thank Jerry from BNR and Vince from Trifecta on offering this to the V6 community.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Im going to order a tune from BNR using the Trifecta tune, as I dont think Hypertech/Diablo will produce anything customized for our LLT in the future.

What is considered safe everyday driving tunning and what is considered drag strip only? If you are tunned already, please list if you went all out extreme or mild/wild.

Based on my bolt ons, I want to know what the selectives are for the Trifecta tune for a V6 Auto. I currently have a GMRP exhaust, Pace headers, VR cai, VMax TB.

Thanks for any input. Quick shoutout to BMore, Pregner, Blade, Rod1, Morph, Smoke, PT, Gretch, Dark, RT, Scrming; I have been lurking forever here and haven't said anything but really appreciate your threads.

Last edited by Soiledflame; 05-08-2012 at 08:07 PM. Reason: Tune installed
Soiledflame is offline   Reply With Quote