View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 03:13 PM   #49
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by t&t moyer View Post
All this talk about the Z being a DD and pricing or creature comforts. Really??? Get over it and buy something else if you don't like it, move on and find something else to complain about. Look at the original Z28 in 1967. Was it a practical for everyone as a DD especially if you opted for the cross-ram dual four intake & headers in the trunk waiting to be installed by the dealer?? It's a base for a race car, not a Cadillac. The public is spoiled with comforts. Want a race car buy it, want a street car buy it but don't expect both out of one. The Camaro isn't a "super car" and never will be. It's average Joes muscle car just as it was intended way back in the day.
I somewhat disagree with just one of your points. You brought up the 67 Camaro and noted its lack of options/not being practical for a DD. That was the thing in the 60s though. You wanted that performance car, you started ticking the right option boxes and you started losing that stuff. Radio delete, no A/C etc etc that was cool back in the 60s. People are are spoiled now. Look at all the incredible cars out there and the creature comforts they have. thats why certain people are mad about not getting the chance to option it up.

And I only somewhat disagreed bc performance cars not being practical back in the 60s was alot more common than today. I think its incredible the way GM decided to build the Z/28, and I cant wait to see how it tears up the race track.
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote