View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 09:28 PM   #38
BOWTIEBOB
BOWTIEBOB

Drives: 13&17 ZL1,13 427,11 SS,15 Z06,19ZR1
I have the same wheels (20" 5 spoke bright alum.) on my 2013 ZL1 Convt. Although I do not have this problem it can be caused by several things I have encountered before. Factory defect by improper coating protection. I have also seen brand new alum. wheels permanently damaged during dealer delivery prep. by utilization of improper low ph acidic chrome cleaner being used to clean the aluminum clear-coated surface. This damage is covered by the 36/36 bumper to bumper warranty for external corrosion on outer surfaces of vehicle. Do not let anyone jerk you around. Threaten them w/ arbitration if you are not given new wheels. You paid mucho bucks for new, undamaged, not repaired by refinishing by an outside source. Such a repair is only covered for 90 days. Insist on NEW wheels. I am on my third set of chrome wheels on my 2009 Avalanche LTZ that corroded and the new replacements were already pitted when they put them on. That is how I became so familiar with dealing with the dealers and Chevrolet. If they give you new wheels, do not clean w/ household cleaners, scour pads or any commercial wheel cleaner (especially those designed to dissolve brake pad dust) that is labeled for use on anything other than coated aluminum wheels. Good luck!
BOWTIEBOB is offline   Reply With Quote