Thread: Nitrous
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 08:49 PM   #21
dan0617

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange SS Convertible
I have a zex 100 shot on a stock L99, stock cam, 12 psi boost. Make sure your fuel system can support it. Make sure your injectors are PLENTY big, they help eliminate the lean spike with the pressure drop on activation. Mount the box or solenoid as close as possible to the nozzle. The shorter the fuel line the lean spike is mostly eliminated. LNC 2000 for timing, but spraying a wet shot into boost cools the IAT alot so you might not need to retard timing on a 100 shot, and due to the intercooling you will get alot more than a 100 hp out of a 100 shot. The nitrous is cold and the enrichment fuel acts a little similar to meth. Start out with a fuel jet 50% larger than called for, like use the 100 nitrous jet with the 150 fuel jet. Will get you close, maybe a little too rich. Use non protruding electrode plugs that have cut back ground straps. NGK plugs caused light throttle misfires for me. Check out Brisk silver plugs, they work great for me.

If you are stock cammed like me, you gotta spray to play!
2011 SS IOM Vert. ECS Vortech 13+ psi, Water/Meth, ID850’s, ZL1 pump with MSD Voltage Booster, 2800 stall, LT headers, Drag radials, Drag alignment, Cradle Bushings. A million other supporting mods. Tuned by Ted.