View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 12:58 AM   #32
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
If anyone replied to this post with a 'NO' -- I'd really wonder about where they're coming from.

Here's the problem with zero percent financing.

Take the example that TAG uses --

......the part you're missing is the additional interest on that monthy savings.

..............see-- GMAC -- or Ford Motor Credit - or any captive finance company -- does not offer zero percent financing as an act of kindness.

SOMEONE has to pay for that -- and it comes right from the Divisional Budget -- meaning that you're talking thousands of dollars in additional incentive money to do that.

We DO have low interest financing OR a rebate on most cars -- those that are not selling as fast as we'd like.........

.............but looking at our financials --(we're losing billions...) why would anyone with any business acumen offer zero percent financing on a car that has people threatening me and many others with bodily harm if we don't build (and ship!) their new Camaro two months ago?

So yes -- it would give a 'sales lift' -- but at an even bigger loss............
So basically because you can't get the cars out in time to meet current high demand, it would be stupid to increase demand even more and then at a loss of even more money with 0% financing.

I would say you guys at GM need to be able to create more Camaro's and less of other less popular vehicles so 0% financing can be done and you could sell more vehicles and at the same time help out those of us who would benefit from paying less each month for the car..