View Single Post
Old 06-15-2007, 03:55 AM   #4
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
I've never had the occassion to come across a "jammer."

Radar detectors are legal in most states and it is my understanding that jammers are illegal. But...I'm not sure on how the jammer law applies to my state.

I don't write many speeding tickets at all. 99% of the time I write speeding tickets is when I work school zones. Believe me...I don't play around with school zones and the lives of our children. I don't care what time you thought it was. I don't care what kind of hurry you are in. I don't care that no kids were present when you sped through. I don't care that you are from out of town and didn't know that there was a school zone. I don't care that you were...bla, bla, bla. I DON'T CARE. First off, you should be paying attention to your driving. There are signs for schools everywhere, signs posted for the speed limit, signs posted for kids crossing, stripes painted on the ground, big buildings with "school" written on the side, yellow busses parked along the street or in the parking lot, FLASHING YELLOW LIGHTS that warn you of the speed limit, etc. If you can't see flashing yellow lights, you are plain...$#@%*. Sorry for the ranting, folks. You now know something that gets on my nerves.

Back to the subject...if you have a radar detector (and depending on how fast you were going), and if I stop you (which means you were proabably going pretty fast), you will proabably get a ticket. For me, it all depends on how heavy/light the traffic is, the type and location of roadway (highway or side streets), and the attitude of the driver. To answer your question, I've proabably written 75-80% of those I've stopped w/ radar detectors. Then, I write "RDU" on the back of the ticket telling the Judge that a "radar detector is in use."
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote