View Single Post
Old 01-15-2014, 09:18 AM   #63
AMERICANMADE

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrahams11SS View Post
Pretty sure my Pump failed this morning... waiting for a report from Matt at FSP once we get the car towed and down to him... Hoping its just a pump and easy fix and not the problems like some of the other guys on here had
This pump failure issue is getting frustrating! Sorry to hear you are now possibly dealing with it. Problem is, we don't REALY know why, is it cam issue, pump issue, wrong oil? There is just not a good control established to use for analysis. We all have some slightly different set up - oem parts, aftermarket parts, oils, tunes, and driving conditions. I am doing another cam swap now from a very mild cam to the more aggressive Night Fury. I will be using Lethals package including high flow Melling. I have been using Mobil 1 since my first swap. I am interested in seeing if the old cam shows any abnormal wear. At this point I think I will change oil brand. Who knows. All said, seems like rolling the dice with any choice. Hell, I'm paranoid at this point to start the car. I'm going to run it in the ditch watching the oil pressure gauge!
AMERICANMADE is offline   Reply With Quote