View Single Post
Old 01-25-2017, 06:26 PM   #26
10 2SS/RS 6M

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 bone stock 9K miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidscamaro View Post
The intake under 230 and a wider lsa 116 to 118 is what you are looking for to have great drive ability
Drivability isn't much of an issue, well it is nice to have some bottom end with a little lope up to 2K rpm, I've been driving it with the stock cam for 6 years, I want to change things up now that I have the money to do it.
I understand what you mean, and would be nice if I wanted it that way.
What my concern is what duration is best for the stock flowing heads. If they can handle a 234 and 244, 114-116 LSA and make as much power as these heads can flow without any restriction, I'd go for that in a heartbeat. But I don't want to see no bottom end either. Don't know if this is possible yet.
But I hear these heads are lazy at low end and even mid range, but scream on top, a little to peaky for a stock head and cam combo from the factory, but still makes plenty part throttle torque
I cant see a lot of duration, pulling from a light at a thousand rpm's like it does now, but wide open there's nothing there, the hp really don't start showing it's colors till around 4000 rpm's, and 4700 rpm"s is petty hi for a torque peak, on a stock motor. I think GM was really trying hard to break the 400 hp mark and left the WOT bottom end and mid a little sloppy, I don't know why they didn't use the cathedral port heads, they seem to have a way broader power band that pulls hard low mid and hi rpm's then the L92 LS3 heads, from what I been reading.
SLP- long tube headers, hi flow cats w/full SLP 3'' PowerFlo exhaust incl/X-pipe, 160 degree stat, SLP Blackwing CAI. Dyno tuned by ECS-407/409RWHP&TQ. BMR- trailing arms w/poly knuckle bushings, toe links, cradle bushings and differential bushings. QA1 rear lower control arms. Hurst short throw shifter, SS- level 4 axles, DSS- aluminum driveshaft, Pfadt- sport 1.5" rear sway-bar. SPOHN 1.25" front sway-bar. Monster LT1-S twin clutch. Prothane motor mounts. Best 1/4 mile so far- 12:70ET @ 112.24 MPH w/ 2.06 second 60'.
SOLD.
10 2SS/RS 6M is offline   Reply With Quote