View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 10:28 AM   #372
Lazerbrainz2k3

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS - M6, NPP, MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
OK - we'll start all over again and give you everything you want.....and as to the rest of the enthusiasts...well, to heck with them.

I don't mean to be brusque - but it appears that you really don't care what I say -- you evidently don't care about the explanation - and you don't seem to care what anyone else says. If YOU don't like what we've done, we're wrong....and if someone says they like it - well then, they're just "kissing butt" -- which, if I was one of the people who said "I like it!" - I'd be very much offended by your 'kissing butt" remark.

Perhaps you really need to look at the bigger picture and realize that AS I SAID SEVERAL TIMES over the past week - no matter what we do, we'll not make everyone happy.

I'm sorry you don't like the new car. Perhaps you will in 6 months. If you don't -- well - I don't know that there's anything we can do about it.
Scott, a word of advice (which you probably already know and have been told many times anyway): it's not worth it to respond to such posts, in particular where those insults (especially the personal sort) you mentioned in your opening post form the majority of the content. It's the internet; the sort of tough talk which would see someone end up in a fight in face-to-face confrontation is commonplace in this sort of venue. It's not right, but it is what it is.

As far as the exterior design goes, I was a bit apprehensive when those first, low-res captures from that TV show showed up online, but I bit my tongue and waited for high-res images from the official reveal to come out before saying anything. I'm glad I did, because when those were released I can absolutely understand all the cheering. In my personal opinion I do wish the tail lights didn't wrap around the fender like they do, but that's a very minor nitpick - they absolutely do look very much like a first generation Camaro, more than the 2010-2014 lights which I always regarded as a hybrid of Corvette and classic Camaro design language (which still looked great). Just from the pictures the car looks mean, and the whole team deserves a ton of credit for that. It's a lot more of a refresh than I was expecting for this stage in the fifth-gen's lifecycle.

---

As for the Z/28, to the extent that I'm displeased (which makes how I feel seem a lot more negative than I intend), perhaps I can explain away part of it as being a matter of nomenclature, and also from when I was born and the kind of Camaros I grew up with. I was born around the same time as the first third-gen 1LE's were being produced, so for me the Z28 was 'just' the model you got if you wanted a V8, far from its track-specific heritage of a couple decades earlier, so when the fifth-gen came out with first-gen heritage I had some relearning to do

I simply had thought of a renewed Z/28 as being more like Ford's Boss 302 in package, performance and pricing. Again, I wasn't around to confirm this from first-hand experience, but I don't think it would be wrong to say that having done so would have detracted from the history of the original RPO Z28 Camaro. Having a barely street legal, track-oriented race car is still a great idea, and I'm thrilled that it happened. I guess I would have preferred that such a car wore the name COPO as a regular (if limited) production model instead, which in my opinion not only would have been in keeping with that other storied name in the history of the Camaro. Plus it would have meant I'd get to see both more-attainable Z/28s and even a few COPOs lurking the streets - a man can dream, can't he? .

Team Camaro felt differently and it is the way it is. I respect your reasoning for doing so, and I meant no offense to you or your coworkers with any posts wishing it'd been just a little bit different. The lineup is still phenomenal, and getting better all the time. When the worst thing I can say about it is that the great light blue I love on my 2010 isn't available should (God forbid) something happen and I need a new one, you know I'm pretty pleased.

Even though the Boss is no longer being sold, I'd still like to see the 1LE surpass it in the couple areas where it doesn't already meet or surpass its lighter and more powerful competitor. Maybe incorporate some of the Z/28's weight reduction into it? Just an idea.
Lazerbrainz2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote