View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 10:27 AM   #2125
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I don't know enough about what is most beneficial as far as tire widths go up front for auto x or road racing. I guess I was asking to find out, not to criticize. I've heard that 20" wheels are a good choice for that (that's why I went for 20s for street driving). They're a good compromise between performance and looks too.

Is a 305 tire recommended for road racing? I would think it would cause the front tire to have less grip (fewer lbs. per square inch) digging into a curve. Although, it would have more contact patch. These things are always a compromise.

Personally, I like the look of a wide tire in the back and a 275 or 285 up front.

Does such a wide tire up front cause any issues during tight turns? I mean, is the wheel going to rub the wheel wells (especially on a lowered car)?

Good luck. I hope you are absolutely 100% happy with your choice of wheels and tires this time. Let's all put the Savini nightmares behind us.
This thread is a good explanation of the why...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37333

clearly it is for handling and not necessary for drag racing. but it makes a lot of sense to take advantage of a balanced and square setup.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote