View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 12:51 PM   #256
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thGen427CI View Post
Thanks for the info! Ever find out where the 36lbs went on your Blue Angel?
You're welcome. I remembered that I'd switched out the old temporary aluminum driveshaft that DSS had sent me with their new carbon fiber driveshaft they'd redesigned but the weight difference there was only a few pounds. Maybe the temperature difference of then and now affected the density of the fuel load but even still that may affect a 5 lb or so difference at best. Giving a generous allowance for any factor I can think of I'm still unable to account for about 30 lbs of weight which is a lot. I have no idea at this point.

I'm going to be making some changes. I have the Pfadt engine mounts and while they weren't a problem before, now with the new cam there's too much vibration in the car. It also got a lot louder to the point where I set off the car alarm of a car nearby when I started it. That may be great on the track but for the street it's too much. I don't need any neighbors complaining so I'm looking into changing the mufflers to MagnaFlow. Got a local shop here that does good work that will work with me to get the sound level down to a reasonable level. I'm also going to have to spend the money to step the cam down a notch or two so the car is more enjoyable to drive at regular street speeds. Right now it just isn't. I'll be giving up a few hp at the top end but that's a trade-off I'll have to make in order to make it better for normal street driving. Some of these things there's just no way to know until you do it but that's the way it goes.

Right now the car is right on the edge of being nearly perfect to drive and with these changes I think I'll be there.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote