View Single Post
Old 11-14-2008, 07:40 PM   #92
swifttal

Drives: '91 Z-28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
I guess you're right as you can see the reflection of the camera in the shot which I didn't notice before and the flash on the plastic. The artificial lighting in the Miami auto show is so bright that Victory red looks orange under the lighting with no flash.

I do have to point out that the color it looked like in person was still more reddish in nature and not the color on the right... Very odd indeed as I do wish I had a picture of it myself with my camera.. I might go back to the show today and get some pictures..
That would be awesome! I've got this color on order and am so torn as whether or not to change it... seeing more orange helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarick View Post
Not sure what to say, to me they looked more orange in person than red, same with the two Solstices i've seen that where outdoors at dealerships.
But the Colorado I've seen at a dealership a few miles from here looks more red than the Solstices did..
Seems to be some variations in the colors that are all supposed to be IOM..

Now, I did not think to look up and see if there where any skylights in the convention center, if there where that could have alot to do with how the IOM looked depending on the time of day etc...

But I also have two pictures of the IOM H3 that was at the show, and to me, again it looked more orange than red.

Granted the Victory red car also looked more orange than red as well, and the GF even asked "is this the Orange you are getting"
Look at the drivers side mirror to see what one had the flash.

Both pictures where taken with an Olympus Stylus 770 SW 7.1 mega pixel point and shoot.
It was set to the anti shake mode, and auto white balance, the only difference in settings where the shutter speed between the flash and non flash, 1/50 without and 1/125 with.

I used photobucket to resize them, so i'm not sure if the all the camera info carried over.
A bit darker with flash but still orange at least. I wonder if that's the metallic flake that darkens the color up? You would think it'd have the opposite effect (if that is the reason)
swifttal is offline   Reply With Quote