View Single Post
Old 08-20-2014, 12:35 PM   #1
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
+35 RWTQ From a Cam?

So in the spring of this year I got my car dyno tuned on a cold but rainy, humid day and put down 421/417.

I want to get a VERY driver friendly cam with a nice idle(TSP 229/236 type idle), and I want to be at or around 450 RWTQ. Of course more than this would be great, but I am not sure how realistic this is.

All the bigger cams I see(NF, G6X3, etc) are putting down less than 450 TQ(430 ish), and are getting great peak HP numbers, which just isn't my goal.

This is my DD, and I know low end torque and power are what I will enjoy the most as I cruise from light to light, and just love the choppy sound of a cammed car.

Does anybody have thoughts, experience with similar results/goals, or recommendations?

Disclaimer: I know dyno numbers aren't everything, but it is a good way for me to explain my goal compared to what other cams put down. I also do plan on getting a custom spec'd cam from Pat G, but not sure if what I want is possible.