View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 01:30 PM   #145
NightmareZL1
Can't stop ***ifying

Drives: Ashen 2013 Gray ZL1
I do believe there is a chance the z28 might be faster at the ring. But I also believe the car is over hyped. Gm calls z28 top dog for marketing reasons, to justify the price. Just looking at the ring cars that are putting down 7:41 and better, I don't feel the z28 will cut it. I do realize I could be dead wrong, but I will be pleasantly surprised to be wrong. That would be a good thing. I do also understand track cars and racing. I raced sport bikes for years. That is one reason the Milford track time does not convince me that the z28 will crush the zl1 ring time. I rode 1000cc bikes, with twice the torque power of the 600's (back in my day). On a short course with no long straight, the fast 1000s couldn't shake the lighter and weaker 600s. But give the bikes just one or two 1/2 mile straights and the 1000cc just stomped the 600s. Milford has a .3 mile straight, it is all tight complex turns and hard braking. I can see the zl1 having trouble getting any power down and getting chased and passed by the z28. But the ring gives the big power cars leg room and it shows in the times that the track rewards power. If the z28 pulls this off, it will be an engineering feat by gm that will surely shock the world. That top list of cars has tons of top tier engineering, technology and materials. I hope gm pulls it off.

Until we get official numbers, all we can do is speculate. That is the fun part right now. We can't all just agree, that would be un-american!

As for the stock for stock, the tires are not GMs engineering, and I believe it is fair to put apples to apples and try both cars at same track and same tires. Then the truly better engineered car will be apparent. Like I said, the zl1 has soooo much more power to put down, just give us some traction!
Rotofab, grinding rear diff sound forever, dealer replaced supercharger - now i have a rattle when starting from a stop, ordered 2.35 lingenfelter pulley, hp tuner, belt, 100mm idler pulley, tr7IX spark plugs, wideband kit, long tubes with no cats...hoping for 650hp. dyno with rotofab = 518hp
NightmareZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote