View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 02:02 AM   #20
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrillSgt1LE View Post
I just got my 1LE last month and after meeting some one else with on I noticed my exhaust is not working correctly. The baffle is not moving turning my dual mode into a single mode exhaust. It is stuck in the open position so I am not to upset but, I do expect a brand new car to work properly. I took it the dealer and they made me wait 3 days to tell me that it only works while driving not at idle but I know that is not true.
It's probably working correctly. If you're expecting it to work like the Corvette NPP exhaust, don't. The Corvette goes quiet until WOT. The Camaro uses the Active Exhaust when you start it up so your neighbors know you're in your car. Search YouTube and watch the Oppenheiser (sp?) videos where he talks about this. The valves shut a bit after warmup and through a certain RPM range then open up again past something like 3K RPMs .. I don't know the actual numbers. Some people pull the NPP fuse and others use widgets like Sunset Orange's Exhaust Commander to open/shut the valve with a remote key fob.
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote