View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 05:10 PM   #2
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by EsteSS View Post
I have been reading a few of these threads about the Z28 from time to time and I get the feeling that some people think that the Z28 should be supercharged, better engine, and all around better car. If we look back, the Z's have not necessarily been equipped with better engines, only a lighter body and better suspension. I'm just curious where the idea of the LS9 being in the Z28 is coming from. I have a feeling there are going to be a lot of let down people out there. But truly, that is what the Z in chevy vehicles stands for....better suspension, or sport suspension. Nothing to do with the motor. Now, let the responses fly.
I think it comes from the fact there isn't a GT500 fighter. and just like the SS monikar has changed over time why can't the Z28 mean bad assery. for most the SS is a watered down trademark. the Z28 isn't.

as for the LS9/lsa supercharged talk. That started with the whole talk of a mule running around with a supercharged engine. way back before the camaro ever started production. but we didn't know what the current line up was going to be SS or Z28 being the base v-8. since the SS is the base V-8 in the current line up it makes sense the Z28 would be an upper level now.

as for the comments about better suspension and wot not. the 1969 z28 had a high revving motor (which in some peoples mind is better). it was puttind down well north of 300 hp. and tuned for the trans am series of racing. so that could also make it "better." The could also mean it's a better over all car then the SS because of the suspension and motor combo. which would still lend creedence to the Z28 being a bad ass supercharged v-8.

either way the main reason I see the Z28 being a supercharged lsa is the GT500 fighter senerio. makes sense from a marketing standpoint. at least to me.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote