View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 03:15 PM   #1504
jeSSe
my body lie, yet i roam

Drives: 07 Tahoe,97 Firebird Formula
Send a message via Yahoo to jeSSe Send a message via Skype™ to jeSSe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Char1ieone View Post
It depends on who you go with and whom you are dealing with. With me when I was ordering my 2010 2SS/RS all I was doing the past year before I placed my order was research, research, research. Know what comes with the ZL1, like what options come with it, how much are the options what's the MSRP for the car, what's the invoice for Tue car, stuff like that. And dont be afraid to look at dealers out of the city, heck even out of the state. I went to dealers that were asking for 2k over MSRP and I'm sorry but for me that's just not cutting it. Go to it as I want this car and you need my business so let's get this done. Frankly the dealer needs you more than you need them, that's the key on getting your car at the price you want. I would suggest contacting Rudolph Chevrolet here in EP. They treated me fantastic since I went in to make an order and I would suggest going with Adrian Aragon as the lot dealer, great honest guy. That and Rudolph is the one dealer that gets the special allotments for these special edition cars first in the area.

On the the question about pricing, assumptions are around 50K for the car, but there is no set price for the ZL1 yet. I know that the BOSS 302 list is 40-42k MSRP and the Shelby go for about 50K so just take those prices into consideration on competing prices. I know that when the 2010 Camaros were first being released that mark uos went as high as 10K, ouch, but if you call ahead of time and set an order and everything else you just never know. You could get a hold of Berger Chevrolet or other well respected dealers on this forum.
Interesting. Hopefully when the time comes, my Camaro purchase will go smoothly and I get what I want... what are everyone thoughts on the Dale Earnhardt special car?? I personally LOVE IT.