View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 07:45 AM   #11
RJT-SS

Drives: '11 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmk001 View Post
I'd prefer the CATs for emissions. I need to ensure I pass or I'm taking the bus to where I need to go. Also want to avoid the smell. lol

I've researched these. They are made overseas and a discount brand (which is fine as they use the same design). The only part that makes me hesitant towards these is that I've read some members on here received them with weld imperfections where they had to grind them down to find them to the manifold.

Are yours holding up good ?
You are correct on the smell going without cats.

You won't go wrong with Stainless Works. SW, ARH, and Kooks are pretty much the top-shelf standard (there are others....not trying to ignite that debate). They are also made in the U.S.A. (there are others as well), if that is important to you. Their fittment is great and weld quality top-notch.

If looks and quicker heat dissipation is important to you, consider getting them coated.

You do not need another set of header gaskets or bolts. The OEM ones are perfectly fine.

Do NOT use thread locker on the header bolts. Use anti-seize if anything.

Based on your mods, you do not need the low temp T-stat either.

After your header install, I seriously recommend getting a tune. It really wakes up the L99.

Your axle back will cancel the drone. If you detect any after the header install, adjust the J-pipes.

Good luck!