View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 10:58 AM   #12
NJ-JRS
C5

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS Red accents on Black
Thanks for all the tips guys. To clarify what's already been tried:

-I've 're-charged' the filter twice this summer thinking it may have been too much oil fist time around.
-Used MAF cleaner twice.
-Been using the car the last two months, so have gone through the gas that the car was sitting with and then some.
-My highway mpg has been around 23-25mpg, where as it was 29-30mpg on the same highways last summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hworth18 View Post
How many miles did you have on the CAI?
About 5,000 -6,000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hworth18 View Post
And why on earth did you re-oil it twice? Sounds to me like you may have too much oil in the filter and it's fouling the mass airflow sensor or restricting airflow into the engine.

I would clean the filter and remove the excess oil, then re-oil the filter per the instructions. Clean the MAF sensor, and also remove the CAI intake tube and wipe out any excess oil that is in the tube, make sure you unplug the battery while you're doing this to reset the ECM. When you get everything back together, reset the mpg on the DIC and take it for a drive. It is also possible that you just have bad gas since the car sat all winter.
I meant I did a full recharge twice over the last two months (as in full clean, then oil), suspecting that I might have used too much oil the first time around . Also used MAF sensor cleaner both times. I don't think it could be a gas issue anymore either since I've run through the gas and filled up a handful of times so far this summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA-22 View Post
something not right .....that should of shot up to 30 plus with rpm less than 2000..
Yea, I mean if I did the same type of coasting last summer the DLC seemed quicker to acknowledge and easily would have read something 30+. I'm stumped.

Any other troubleshooting tips guys? I don't know how else to troubleshoot this issue other than what I've already done.
NJ-JRS is offline   Reply With Quote