View Single Post
Old 10-29-2008, 11:12 AM   #11
carfansince73

Drives: Carefully
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
This came out late last year...
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1533

Gen V small blocks should all be equipped with DI, VVT, AFM, and E85 capability among other things. There was rumor that a version of it would be OHC or DOHC as well.

The GMC Denali concept sported a concept 4.9L GenV engine. It was all name, I'm sure, as I doubt they'd put a one-of-a-kind engine in a non-driving concept vehicle.

According to the agreement between GM and the UAW (about a year ago) the GenV engines were slated to begin production in 2011, however, recently GM said they were delaying V8 engine development in order to save and reallocate money...so I'm not sure where it stands right now -- but I know its not dead.
After reading this from Edmunds.com, it appears they should have the capacity to keep up with V8 engines for the Camaro assuming gas has not shot back up by then suppressing demand.
Quote:
Facing a prolonged downturn in sales of full-size trucks and SUVs and the likelihood of a permanent erosion in their volume and market share, General Motors executives last May canceled the CXX program — the planned replacements for the Chevrolet Tahoe and Suburban and their siblings at GMC and Cadillac.
2010 1SS RS, LS3, SIM/Black, painted rally stripes, AAC sidemarkers, Sunroof, B.A. sound sys; 20x9.5 & 20x11 SV1-C5's; MGW short shifter; Hotchkis Track Pack; Corsa catback; Kooks 1 7/8"; ADM Street; Magnacharger TVS2300 - 548rwhp/512rwtq
1100- 2/18/09; 3800- 6/15/09 VIN#18308; Delivered 6/29/09!!!!!

2014 CTS-V Sedan, Black/Black, Auto, Recaros, Ultra-view, Red Brembos. Stock
carfansince73 is offline   Reply With Quote