Thread: Gonna IPF her!
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 03:09 PM   #9
Fr3e4gent

Drives: 1LT, Very First LLT Supercharged v6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventmaster View Post
Took a little drive down to Tempe, AZ and met the guys at IPF in person.

Jesse's just as nice in person, and everyone at the shop is personable and very capable.

What surprised me the most was their 'run of mill' customers- they must be the ultra rich and Saudi shieks!

The facility is full of exotic machinery- Porches (no not 911's, I'm talkin' 959's, 997's, stuff i just recognize as way out of my price range), Ferari's, and we had to move an Audi R8 with twin turbo's off the dyno (a very nice Mustang all wheel drive that produced smooth tracings even on my car) to put my Chevy 6 banger on it!

It seems the infamous chip in our LLT's is just what those European manufacturers have been using for some time and IPF's home company is based there, hence their greater understanding of it's coding.

IPF's inhouse guru is Tod and he spent a good deal of time and multiple (7 or 8) dyno runs acquiring needed data. I could see he is very concientious and only does things right.

Now for the good stuff-

Baseline dyno on my car as delivered was 267 peak hp (i know-I know, its a Mustang, but you still hope for more!).

Baseline peak torque was a bit more to my liking, 271 ftlbs.

No dips or slips in either curve that I saw.

The other bit of info I picked up later was that before the S/C IPF tune could be installed, my car had to be returned to stock tune, and I was very surprised to hear that it made 15 hp more than it had been making with my Trifecta tune!

I was not present for these runs and have not seen the graphs- so I don't know if there were any other adverse effects on the power delivery, or if my torque reading took a hit, etc...

Jesse has promised to make these available to me and of course tomorrow we'll be doing the post S/C install dyno runs.

Graphs and hard data to follow...
Congrats, I live in Tempe too. I love seeing the cars that they have coming by the shop every now and then. They had a lambo 2 weeks ago a blacked out CTS-V and some bmw's with roll cages.

Jesse is a really swell guy

Have you ever gone up to Scottsdale to the Pavillons Car Shows? Off of Indian School next to the McDonalds?