View Single Post
Old 05-09-2010, 07:45 PM   #11
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
I think it would be been a lot less work, and cost me way less if I just ran straight pipes without the X, but its already done.

Got it finished, and on the car! I've never been so nervous while building something before. After I made the first couple cuts on my stock exhaust my heart was pounding, hoping that I didn't screw up when I designed this, or my car would be down for months!!!

Luckily, it went together perfect, fits like a glove, and I think almost looks factory. Here is a couple pictures.

And here is the video...

Is there more power? Hard to say, but I'm not a very optimistic guy, so I doubt it. Then again it is wet today, and it's hard to get traction. Is it louder? It seems slightly louder an it idle, and a little more so on the outside when under load... I haven't experienced any drone, and it's still comfortable inside the cab while driving. The one this that I did notice, is that when I would rev, and sometimes on decel, and starting, it would pop (backfire?)... It hasn't done it once yet since I put this X-pipe and resonator delete setup on today... So over all I'm happy with it... for now

The total cost for this project start to finish was $111.96, about an hour to make the x-pipe, and 2.5 hours for install.

Last edited by Jason@JacFab; 06-28-2011 at 07:30 PM.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote