View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 11:16 AM   #56
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
The problem I have with this information is that the car is scheduled to be released next April. The new ZL1 starts production Jan. 2012 and gets to dealers in March 2012. I don't think the Z28 will come into showrooms a month later.

As much as I had hoped the name of the coming ZL1 was actually Z28, the car itself is actually what I was looking for. I have gotten used to the fact that it will be named ZL1 and that further down the road there will be a Z28. It most likely will NOT be a S/C engine and be more of a road star. I hope for those of you that will wait for the Z28, that it will be everything that you want it to be. Chevy built me exactly what I wanted in a ZL1. There may be cars built that will be faster or others that handle better, but none that will take the place of my ZL1.
I agree whole heartedly with you Jedi. I want to ad that based on what we know about the whole Z28 idea and project with the Gen 5 body and what GM went through to get where we are now, I feel that the ZL-1 became the fruition of the Z28 idea. It morphed into the ZL-1 because of the time lag and the competitions unobstructed product advancement. I think it was a stroke of luck, fate, timing, and genious. It will be the fastest factory produced straight line and top end Camaro of all time IMHO. That's what I am after. I wanted the Z28 emblem on it too, I wanted this rumored in testing and in development Camaro we all followed over the past couple of years to be that moniker. I am an old Z28 guy from way back. However, as every day passes and the more I think about the ZL-1 in it's entirety I know that it's something unique and special. It's everything I always wanted, and then some! And this ZL-1 moniker will never come back again. The Z28 will come back, and will probably be the niche road course performer that it is speculated to be. Hey, no one ever said you can only fall in love once. And Shakespear was right about whats in a name. But I am truely in love with the ZL-1. And new romances are always exciting.
OldScoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote