View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 08:39 AM   #495
cjingle

Drives: 1969 Camaro RS, 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Sorry folks for being so elusive. I've been really busy these days starting a new software company. It's tough when you have new government regulations (and taxes) coming at you beginning of next year. But, that's another story...

Anyway, I had to bring my '69 to the shop to get some (what I thought was) minor paint work. In fact, where the problem was made for a bigger paint job.

It turns out I caused the problem. I was putting in new torsion bars for the trunk lid and inadvertently created three star pattern paint cracks on the outer surface just behind the back window between the window and the trunk. As I was putting in the rods, they were hitting the sheet metal from underneath and caused the paint to crack.

I didn't notice for days later and thought it was the paint bubbling up. Not the case. That little mistake cost me a pretty penny to get fixed. Just my luck.

In any case, the car is back and looking good as ever. We're talking about putting it in the Super-Nationals again this year. More on that later.

I did purchase a new wiper motor system that is self contained and is hidden in the cowl area. The protruding wiper motor into the engine compartment will be gone. Plus, this system has the modern feature of variability. Pretty cool.

Curt
cjingle is offline   Reply With Quote