View Single Post
Old 03-07-2014, 08:13 PM   #171
PMJ
Seeking 9s on M6...

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3 aka "BlackWidow"
Been busy getting ready for the Texas Mile on March 21-23. Returned my RPM transmission back to RPM so correct my 6th gear. Its now a .71...5th is a .86...so the plan is to leave in my 3.73 rear end and run the mile 2nd - 6th...vs. swapping to the stock auto 3.27 and running 1-5. Hope it works...the ZL1 rear is so much stronger.

I dyno'd today at Fast Automotive...937 rwhp. Never got good numbers because kept spinning the tires...even with folks sitting in the trunk...so my torque numbers were low in the mid 800s, but previous torque was into the 900s. I was also around 17# of boost vs. the 18 I see on the track, so I'm guessing I'm around 950 hp & torque on the track...hoping that will get me to 200 mph!!!

I also installed my stoptech slotted rotors and cobalt friction pads. Primarily for road racing and autox, but should help me stop at the mile as well.

I also installed my larger RX chiller. This one is working much better than the original. My IATs are staying around 125 and actually drop with the Meth and Nos spraying through the whipple.

I got a new set of Goodyear Supercar G2 tires (since my ones from October took a beating in a few road race events).

So new wheel alignment and I should be ready to go.

If you live in Houston, check out the guys at Fast Automotive. Great group of guys.