View Single Post
Old 11-01-2011, 10:57 AM   #1
Rn2010

Drives: 2011 camaro
service stabilitrak-car wont start- if it does wont switch gears

I have a 2011 camaro, which in the shop for the 3rd time and i haven't even had it a year.. I was wondering if anyone had experienced the intermittent problem of when you try to start the car "service stabilitrak" displays and the car doesn't even attempt to turn over or make any noise, after a few attempts of turning the key off and on, the car finally starts BUT still displays the service stabilitrak message and the engine light comes on, when you start to drive,it doesn't switch gears, i can be going 25-30mph and the rpms are all the way up to 4,000 and the car never shifts and runs VERY loudly, then when I let off the gas it takes FOREVER for the RPMs to come back down. I can shut the car off a few times and try to drive it again and it will still do it, then i can stop and restart and its GONE. When i took it to the dealer it didn't leave any codes, they had it for 3 days and were clueless.

The other problem my car has, which is the second time I'm having this fixed, is getting the " Ac off due to high engine temp" my car had been sitting in the garage for 10 hours and displayed this messgage upon starting the car. thermostat gauge doesn't work and I get no digital temperatue on my dash controls either, but the car never over heats.
Rn2010 is offline   Reply With Quote